Most young carers see their role as something they do out of love for their parent. When asked to describe how they feel about looking after the needs of their father or mother they say: ‘I do it because I love them.’
We encourage the young carers to celebrate their role – to be proud of what they achieve without feeling they are extraordinary.
But more than that, Gloucestershire Young Carers aims to celebrate a young carer’s childhood – the part of them that exists beyond being a carer.
We need you to support our work, to support the ‘young’ in young carer.
It is easy to make a donation:
- by clicking here, Give As You Live
- by calling our office on 01452 733060 to donate directly
- by emailing Sally, our Fundraising Manager, to talk about how you can become a regular giver and ‘Friend of GYC’.
- by purchasing a Gloucester Lottery ticket, where you can win prizes of up to £25,000!
- by raising money as you shop with Give As You Live and Amazon Smile
- by ‘Leave a Legacy’. Leaving a gift in your will helps us to continue to support young carers in Gloucestershire