It is vital that young carers are identified and understood in healthcare settings, so that they can get access to the support they need.
At Gloucestershire Young Carers we develop connections with school nurses, GP surgeries and hospitals to spread awareness of the needs of young carers and how professionals in these settings can Think Young Carer!
We have developed our own resources including posters and Top Tips and have also provided links below to other useful documents and websites.
- Practical tips from young carers on meeting the NHS England Quality Markers
- Poster for display in GP Practice waiting room
- Poster for display in GP practice staff area
- A slide show to aid identification of young carers – for display on GP waiting room media systems
- Supporting Carers in General Practice: a framework of quality markers (NHS England)
- Supporting young carers and their families – information for healthcare professionals