It is vital that young carers are identified and understood in healthcare settings, so that they can get access to the support they need.
At Gloucestershire Young Carers we develop connections with school nurses, GP surgeries and hospitals to spread awareness of the needs of young carers and how professionals in these settings can Think Young Carer!
We have developed our own resources including posters and Top Tips and have also provided links below to other useful documents and websites.
- Our Top Tips from Young Carers for General Practice
- Poster for GP Surgery Waiting Rooms 1
- Poster for GP Surgery Waiting Rooms 2
- Poster for Staff Room in GP Surgery
- Here is our presentation for use on your waiting room media system
- Supporting young carers and their families – information for healthcare professionals
- Summary report on GP practice journeys towards improved carer identification and support