This week is Trustees’ Week, now in its 11th year, an annual event to showcase the great work trustees do for charities in the UK. There are just over 1 million trustees in the UK.
It is important to have a diverse range of skills on a trustee board, having different approaches, skills, and experiences.
Gloucestershire Young Carers trustees play a vital leadership role. During Trustees’ Week, we wish to celebrate the passion and commitment our trustees bring to our organisation.
As well as attending regular board meetings and giving a guiding hand they will volunteer at young carer activities. From joining in with sports or having a go at cooking on the barbecue; wearing crazy hairdos to mark Young Carer Action Day; running a half marathon to raise both awareness and much-needed funds for the charity; or getting stuck into packing gifts – they really do like to get involved. This year so far, our dedicated trustees have donated 51 hours of their time to GYC.
We wish to say a huge ‘Thank you’ to . . .
- Mathew Waddington, trustee since 2011
- Paul Winterbotton, trustee since 2014
- Dave Perry, trustee since 2014
- Becky Parish, trustee since 2016 (current Chair of Trustees)
- Amanda Deeks, trustee since 2019
- Ros Smith, trustee since 2020
- Pam Gorf, trustee since 2020
- Matt Clifford, joined as a trustee at the beginning of 2021
We really appreciate all the support you give to us.