16th March is Young Carers Action Day 2021– show your support and help protect young carers futures
GYC is planning a whole host of activities for their campaign this Young Carers Action Day. The theme this year is ‘Protect Young Carers’ Futures’. The name has changed this year from ‘awareness’ to ‘action’ to ensure that people are not just ‘aware’ but work together to create the changes needed so that young carers can have the futures they deserve.
This is what we have planned – we hope you can join in!
How will you wear your hair on 16th March to show you care? We are asking our supporters to sport a different hairstyle and share a photo on social media to show their support!
Make a Pledge
We will be also asking professionals and corporate supporters to share a pledge how they will help to support young carers futures.
1. Simply download and print this A3 Pledge Sheet.
2. Write who you are and how you are going to help support young carers
3. Take a photo of you holding the pledge and send to use or share on your social media and tag us!
Young carers will be sharing what skills they develop in their caring roles and their dreams for their future. Look out for their video interviews coming soon on our social media!
We are holding a Virtual Tea hosted by young carers for our school leads and education staff.
Sharing resources for schools to hold assemblies and tutor time sessions on the day. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like these resources or info on the Virtual Tea.
Light Up Purple!
We are also trying to make an impact by getting some key Gloucestershire buildings to light up purple on the 16th March to show their support for young carers in the county.
Are you on facebook? A simple way to support the day is by adding our YCAD frame to your profile picture leading up to or on the 16th March. Here’s how to do it!
1. Go to: https://www.facebook.com/profilepicframes
2. In the search bar, type ‘GYC Young Carers Action Day’
3. Select our frame- should be the only one that comes up.
4. On the right hand side, you can click and drag your photo so it sits well with the frame.
5. At the bottom, select ‘Use as Profile Picture’
Please check our social media for updates @glosyoungcarers. And remember to get in touch and tell us how you are going to get involved!
Any questions please contact Sally@glosyoungcarers.org.uk