Most young carers see their role as something they do out of love for their parent. When asked to describe how they feel about looking after the needs of their father or mother they say: ‘I do it because I love them.’
We encourage the young carers to celebrate their role – to be proud of what they achieve without feeling they are extraordinary.
But more than that, Gloucestershire Young Carers aims to celebrate a young carer’s childhood – the part of them that exists beyond being a carer.
We need you to support our work, to support the ‘young’ in young carer.
It is easy to make a donation:
- by clicking here, Virgin Money Giving
- via Text to Donate: GLYC01 plus your donation amount 2, 5 or 10 to 70070
- by calling our office on 01452 733060 to donate directly
- email our Fundraiser Jane to talk about how you can become a regular giver and ‘Friend of GYC’.
- buy a Gloucester Lotery ticket from Gloucestershire Young Carers lottery page