- no young people are taking on excessive or harmful care responsibilities
- young carers are recognised, supported and have aspirations which they are able to work towards and have a voice
- GYC is sustainable and seen as the organisation of choice by young carers, commissioners and funders.
…is to support young carers in reaching their potential, enabling them and their families to access support that minimises the physical and emotional impact of caring, and that promotes health, well being and resilience.
- Listening to young carers and their families
- Whole family approach but with the young person at the centre
- Commitment to providing a quality, cost effective service
- Partnership working
- Innovative and developmental approach to support
- Valuing staff