GYC is planning a whole host of activities for their campaign this Young Carers Action Day. The theme this year is ‘Protect Young Carers Futures’. The name has changed this year from ‘awareness’ to ‘action’ to ensure that people are not just ‘aware’ but work together to create the changes needed so that young carers can have the futures they deserve.
This is what we have planned – we hope you can join in!
- Hair2Care – how will you wear your hair on 16th March to show you care? We are asking our supporters to sport a different hairstyle and share a photo on social media to show their support!
- We will be also asking professionals and corporate supporters to share a pledge how they will help to support young carers futures.
- Young carers will be sharing what skills they develop in their caring roles and their dreams for their future.
- We are holding an online twilight training session – for school leads and education staff
- Sharing resources for schools to hold assemblies and tutor time sessions on the day.
- We are also trying to make an impact by getting some key Gloucestershire buildings to light up purple on the 16th March to show their support for young carers in the county.
Please check our social media for updates. Get in touch and tell us how you are going to get involved!